There are five main areas in the Montessori classroom:
1) Sensory Exercises – children learn better by exploring material that uses all five senses: taste, touch, smell, sight and sound. These activities allow the child to develop their language as it relates to color, shape, smell, size and texture, further enhancing the learning process.
2) Practical Life – Activities that nurture real life experiences help prepare the child for daily activities as an adult. Exercises include cooking and cleaning, as well as personal hygiene and care for the environment. These activities also help develop motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
3) Language – acquiring language and absorbing new vocabulary takes place in as natural an environment as possible, both individually and in groups. Beginning with phonics, we prepare children to communicate through reading and writing long before they even learn the alphabet.
4) Math – Math materials give students a firm understanding of numbers by using concrete examples and simple relationships and symbols. From simple counting, to basic arithmetic operations, this visual approach uses various exercises to prepare the way for grasping more abstract concepts later on.
5) Culture & Science – By exploring the world around them children are introduced to science. Beginning with the environment, we also investigate plant and animal life, as well as non-living elements and how they all interrelate. Further discovery includes other countries and cultures as they learn about geography and history.
What Parents Say:
Definitely a good choice choosing our son to go to this school. We questioned it from a lot of different montessoris but at the end we made a very good decision here. All of our friends and family will also be sending there children here. Excellent staff and front desk people!
I transitioned my 4 year old daughter here from another daycare where she was unhappy. I chose this Montessori school because of the warm and welcoming atmosphere they gave as my first impression. And it has become even better since. Their focus is truly in the interest of the children, not doing it for the business as such. That is what makes the difference.
This is a beautiful preschool embracing the essence of Montessori with fantastic teachers and facilities. My child comes home very proud with stories to tell of another exciting day. The facilities is renovated and everything is so clean.
We are very happy with the school, teachers & the positive experience. Along with academics, extra curricular activities motivated kids & enjoyed it very much. Overall great experience for us.
We have seen incredibly positive changes in her skill levels and also her socialization with others. You have provided a wonderful educational and social environment for her, and we are quite pleased that Lily will remain with you until elementary school. We appreciate all that you do for our children, and count ourselves lucky to be part of the Kidz Camp family.
My daughter loves Kidz Camp Montessori and so do I! It has been an amazing experience. The staff and teachers are wonderful and extremely dedicated. My daughter has thrived during her time here and has gotten an excellent head start for kindergarten because of the hard work and dedication from her teachers. They are very nurturing and they know how to make learning fun!